Wednesday 21 December 2011

Pre-blocking

Cardigan progress by Asplund
Cardigan progress, a photo by Asplund on Flickr.
The steeks are waiting to be cut. I have secured them in two ways. First with chain stitch - I usually do that with a crochet hook (En till once showed me how to), but the few hooks I have were too big. To be on the safe side (haven't worked with this yarn before) I also wetted the steeks and rubbed them gently to make them felt.

It occurred to me I might as well pre-block it, not that carefully but enough to get a better idea of how the pattern will turn out. The blue looks too dull in this photo, but I didn't have the patience to wait for daylight. Not that you can be certain there will be any this time of the year.

4 comments:

christine said...

Wow, how beautiful - and inspiring .. Christine

Ulla said...

Thanks for the advices.
Ulla

Knitting Emma said...

Niceness. Jag kan också måla tavlor åt dig ;)

Carolina said...

Now that we have gotten through the winter solstice, the days will be getting longer. Yeah! The sweater looks lovely.