Sunday 19 February 2012

"Lady's circular cape" in progress

"Lady's circular cape" in progress by Asplund
"Lady's circular cape" in progress, a photo by Asplund on Flickr.

I'm knitting Jane Sowerby's "Lady's circular cape" from Victorian Lace Today for the third time with some new modifications. The scalloped egde is rather pointed in the original design, and I'm trying to achieve a softer outline by redistributing the decreases. (Not so many next to each other but spread more evenly across the repeat.) The yarn is Drops Lace, a blend of baby alpaca and silk. Knitting the edge around it is rather boring, but I know it will be worth it once it's done.


The sweater One of my sweater projects is finished and will hopefully be dry in the morning so I can try it on. I like blocking sweaters inside out - easier to get the seams straight, I think.




Something completely off topic that makes me laugh:



För tredje gången gör jag en sjal ur "Victorian Lace Today" av Jane Sowerby, fast nu med nya ändringar; jag försöker göra formen mjukare, inte så spetsig, genom att fördela hoptagningarna på ett annat sätt. (Inte så många på raken, utan mer utspridda över rapporten.)

Min fiskartröja är äntligen klar! Nu ligger den på tork, och jag hoppas kunna prova den i morgon bitti. Jag brukar låta tröjor ligga på tork med avigsidan ut när jag har sköljt och sträckt dem - det är lite lättare att få sömmarna raka på det sättet.   

 

3 comments:

Luisa said...

The sweater is beautiful. thank you for showing us the wrong side: I love to see how other people deal with steeks seams.

Bernadette said...

Are you in a celadon period ?
Please, what do you think about the Drops lace ?

Anonymous said...

As an animal lover, I much prefer this version :)!
I love the color of your shawl!
Mariew