Thursday 6 March 2014

In a finishing mood

Camel cardigan by Asplund
Camel cardigan, a photo by Asplund on Flickr.
I'm in a finishing mood, to the extent that I've even sewn seven buttons. (I appreciate Gwen Raverat's words "sewing was downright wicked slavery" in her adorable book Period Piece. A Cambridge Childhood.) The brioche cardigan had actually been finished for more than a week before I got around to it, even though I'd already found the perfect buttons... They're made of marble and I think they look fabulous with the wool. Their size was exactly right for the buttonholes too!

Some time ago I wrote a post about the shoulder straps: here's how they turned out:


I've finished the Monk no 2 sweater as well. Not that Marianne Isager's name "Monk" is very suitable anymore as I didn't keep the hood.




Also, I've made up my mind about the collar for my double-knitted jacket/cardigan. I've tried various ideas: I wanted something different from the main pattern and tried both triangles and stripes but wasn't satisfied. Then I suddenly thought I'd keep the small squares but use them into lego-like brick shapes. Of all the things I love about knitting, I think I like solving difficulties best.


3 comments:

sticka går ju said...

Så fina de blev! Den gröna kragen ser verkligen ut att pryda sin plats! Hur mycket kamel gick det åt? Jag har lite kamelgarn i gömmorna...
L

Anonymous said...

All three look wonderful. The little squares in the doubleknit collar are particularly inspired.
-- stashdragon

Asplund said...

Thank you both!

Ca 5 hekto gick åt till koftan, förvånansvärt lite med tanke på hur mycket garn patentstickning slukar!